Monday, January 10, 2011

Welcome to My Blog

Who would have thunk it, huh??  Mel blogging?  I figured it’s 2011 so I should do something creative, fun and totally out of my comfort zone and then a girlfriend mentioned blogging and after thinking about it for a few weeks I was more than onboard……thank you Shelley!
The idea behind Life by Mel B. is that it will be an entertaining way to document and share our life. Pretty simple, huh?!?!  Yeah, right!  This next year will be many things for our family, but simple is probably not the best way to describe it.  Chris has been placed on active orders by the ARMY and will be deploying to Iraq for a little over a year.  This will be his second tour since 9/11 so we are incredibly lucky but that doesn’t mean that it will be any less different or heart wrenching to say good-bye.  I mean really, how do you look a 2 year old girl in the face with her big blue eyes and say ‘Daddy won’t be home for a while’ without breaking into a million pieces and at the same time making sure she understands what I’m are saying?  <Insert perfect answer HERE>.
Wait…one sec…I can’t see the screen….I gotta dry my eyes….
So……..during this next year I have decided to throw myself into a few things. Obviously being Kennedy’s mom is top on my priority list, as she will always come first before me (which reminds me, no one can really prepare you for truly putting someone before yourself like a child does, but more on that in an upcoming post).  The other things I have decided to take on includes ANYTHING that has to do with organizing and decorating our house.  We bought this house 2.5 years ago and most rooms are hodge podged together and I really, really, really, want to turn it into our home where ALL rooms are nice and cozy not just the bonus room. Lots of before and after pictures to come!!
I will also be asking for advice, sharing random thoughts, showing different products and things I love, sharing funny stories that have happen to us along this journey, and really anything under the sun that needs to be shared.   I plan to laugh, cry, smile, grow and so much more over this next year, so please join me as our family navigates through this wonderfully imperfect thing I like to call LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment