Sunday, January 9, 2011

Favorite Things - Part One

 I said I would be posting some of my favorite things….so here are a few items from my repertoire that  I simply can’t live without…no joke…I would physically DIE on the spot if I didn’t have these. Ok, fine….a bit dramatic but you get the picture.
I am convinced that after a rough day that a bath with good bubbles and yummy lotion can wipe the slate clean and can give you strength to face the next day.  However, if you have a husband that saunters into your bath tub and gently places his feet in the tub WITH HIS SOCKS ON then you may not agree with my ‘a nice hot bath can wipe the slate clean’.  And yes, that is a true story…..you can’t make that stuff up.  And no, it’s not my husband but a friends husband.  Anyway, here are my favorites in the bathroom:
Tru Blue Spa Body Cream $12

Tru Blue Spa Lay In On Thick $15

Oh and good god, L’Occitane is my favorite hand lotion. Jamie (the BFF that you will hear plenty about) turned me on to this a few years ago.  Sadly, I’m currently out of this stuff and my cheap mentality won’t let me splurge on the $26 it would cost for me to be in Heaven every time I applied it.  FYI: Valentine’s Day and my birthday are around the corner.

Another thing that makes my world go round is Burts Bees Chapstick.  I’m pretty sure that at this particular moment I have no less than 5 sticks around the house and in my purse. I’m not sure who turned me on to this product but I can’t get enough.  I’m sure it’s an unhealthy addiction but I’m thinking it doesn’t require an intervention so we are safe. However, it Burts Bees went tits up you would see me at every local grocery store buying the entire supply out.  I NEED IT AND HAVE TO HAVE IT!  And sadly I think I’ve created a monster because when Kennedy sees the yellow tube of goodness she puckers her lips and says ‘chacstick mama!’  Uh oh!!
Lip Balm $3

And of course, Starbucks definitely blows my skirt back….or my sweats.  I mean, let’s be honest…when was the last time you saw me in a skirt?  Oh and the tutu for NYE 10 doesn’t count…I had pants on underneath. Anyway, back to my point…..I love Starbucks and more specifically Tazo Chai. Every morning I look forward to my Chai and if I don’t get it I’m a hot mess….literally.
Gotta go….its bath time and I need to find my chapstick.

2 comments:

  1. At least McKennedy's addiction is only $3. Not bad. Too bad our addictions just get more and more expensive; and since she is a chip off the old block...well...there you have it ;)

    ReplyDelete