Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Bunch of Random Stuff......get use to it!

Today from 5 - 7:30pm our daughter whined and cried for no reason....it was super fun. She told me to 'go away', 'stop it', 'no', 'I leave', 'don't push me' (I never pushed her) and a bunch of other random things but I think the idea was that she wanted me to leave her alone.  No problem kid....but turns out I can't leave you alone while I lock myself in my room and have a glass of wine.....even though some days I wish I could.  Now she is finally calmed down and wants to cuddle and love on me.....Cheese and Rice.....love me or hate me but I really dont feel like packing my bags for an emotional rollercoaster.  Crap, I should have thought about that before I had kids, huh?  Good news....tomorrow is a new day and she will be back to the lovable kid I want to eat for dinner!!

Anyway...enough about that.

So last night I sat in my office for several hours painting on this wallpaper stuff and I've come to realize one thing......THIS IS GOING TO TAKE FOREVER! Right now I'm still only one the first wall so let's see how I feel once I finish this wall to see if I will continue on the other 3 walls.  However, I think I figured out what to do with my 4th wall....drum roll please.....A CHALK BOARD WALL!  Here is my inspiration:


One thing you should know about me (besides the 25 lil known facts about me listed below) is that I don't have an original thought in my head.  I steal ideas.  I mean why reinvinte the wheel, right?  Be prepared....I will steal your idea BUT I will always give you credit.  I'm nice like that.  Oh and if you wear cute clothes I will go out and buy the exact same outfit...why?  Cause now I know how cute it is...duh!

Ok...off to my next thought.  I thought it would be fun to give you a list of things that not many people know about me....well my close friends do but if you are knew to meeting me or we aren't very close then this will give you an idea of who this Mel chick is.  So, in an effort to get to know a little about you.....comment back to me and tell me one thing I do not know about you =)  It will be fun...promise!!

      1.       I think catsup can be spicy…yes, catsup
2.       I sleep with my baby blanket every night and never leave home for an overnight stay without it
3.       Every single one of my family members on my Moms side call me Mindy and if I ever moved away to a far far away land I would change my name to that
4.       I’ve had 1 zit in 2 years….don’t hate
5.       Rap is one of my favorite types of music but I will never play it loud when I’m sitting at a stop light or in traffic
6.       I can’t dance.  It’s more like a full body dry heave.
7.       I’ve lived on my own since I was 18 and I’ve had a job since I was 15
8.       Confidence is not one of my stronger attributes but I’m working on it
9.       My Boston Terrier smells like Fritos when he wakes up from naps and it’s my favorite
10.   I have 2 half sisters that I have never met
11.   I carry a paper calendar with me wherever I go – I can’t stand using electronic calendars
12.   I am an ARMY wife – something I have never been comfortable saying, which is weird since we have been together for 11 years and he has been in the ARMY for 19….but it still sounds so odd coming out of my mouth
13.   I am nothing without my friends and family
14.   I have watched someone die – don’t believe the hype….it’s not always peaceful
15.   I have had 2 serious relationships.  The first was someone I dated for 4 years and the other is my husband.
16.   I don’t believe blood always makes you family – you have to have the mindset of family or the relationship is useless
17.   I can’t lie.  And if I do then I have to fix it PRONTO or it will eat me alive
18.   If I hurt someone’s feelings that I care about it will devastate me for DAYS
19.   The phrase ‘it’s all good’ makes my skin crawl
20.   I hate washing my hands….CALM DOWN….I still do it even though it makes my hands feel dry and yucky
21.   Washing your hair is overrated
22.   I’ve worn glasses since I was 18 months old….here’s the proof


23.   I wear the same white gold hoop earrings everyday – no matter what the outfit is
24.   I assume that once I get a really nice camera that I will be able to take great pictures – but judging what I do on my point and shoot I think I’m lacking several skills
25.   I have mowed a lawn exactly ONE time.  It will never happen again.

5 comments:

  1. Melinda this is such a cute thing that you are doing. I love to read about your day and random thoughts. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'mon, that lawn mowing job went well......except for that whole putting the wrong type of gas in it thing, and that was kind of my fault.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on #8 and #19...Good idea, I'll be following...........George

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the chalk board, have wanted a full chalk board wall in a future kitchen for years. Love it for your office. I did not know "it's all good" made your skin crawl, pretty sure I say that and doesn't J, too? LOL I know "it's tough out there" makes you want to slit my throat.

    Something you didn't know about me..."up until about 2 years ago i used to count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 over and over and over and over with my fingers against my leg, Jer's leg or whatever." Freak, huh?

    looking forward to reading your blog girlie girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a few more about our old friend Mel:

    Her favorite frozen dessert: Sorbet
    She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES, papa murphy's thin crust delite pizza, with garlic sauce
    Mel thinks everything is spicy, not just ketchup(catsup)
    She loves Lifetime movies and can quote almost any line from any Friends episode ever aired on television (I know this, because, well I can too!)
    Mel goes from zero to 60 in the blink of an eye and she cant stand loud talkers.
    Oh, and don't give her poor customer service somewhere, she WILL snap at you! :)

    ReplyDelete