Monday, January 10, 2011

Project Re-Do Office….GO!

In case you don’t know, I work from home so having a nice place to sit my butt for 8 hours a day is pretty important to me.  Not only do I work in there but I also do some of my crafting, all bill paying, mail opening and present hiding. In addition, if my husband finds random things around the house that he doesn’t know where they go he graciously places them ON MY DESK which makes me go Hurricane Mel but that is a different posting all together.  Anyway,  as you can see….I’m in there  A LOT so you would think that over the last 2 and a half years we have lived in this house I would have this place super organized and beautiful.  Um, not so much.
A few weeks ago I decided that I couldn’t take it anymore.  I needed gut my office – take everything off the walls, pull all the crap out of the closet, clear off my desk, pull down all the pictures and start from scratch.  I’m pretty sure after you see the pictures you will agree that I have done the right thing.

I mean seriously….how did I go into that room every day and continue to be productive?  Yeah, I have no clue either ecause looking at the pictures makes me itch.
I have since pulled everything out and reorganized the massive desk I just had to have – now I think it’s just way too big but I’m pretty sure I’d end up in divorce court if I told Chris I was selling it on Craigslist.  So it stays and I just deal with how to best utilize the space.  I’ve also started what is called ‘painted wallpaper’ on one of the walls and plan to continue it on all 4 walls.  Here is a tiny sample and the picture was taken with my phone so not the best quality….just use your visualization skills.

Stay tuned everyone!!  I plan to have most of this done within the next 2 weeks.  Apparently sleep is not in my future.

1 comment:

  1. I'm dying! I can NOT wait to see it finished! So proud of you!!! =)

    ReplyDelete