Monday, March 7, 2011

No Title

Again…I’ve been gone longer than I expected. Time has gotten away from me and I’ve been focusing on everything and nothing at all.  Kennedy and I have 2 days left with Chris and he has 2 days left with us.  You may be wondering how we are doing and I’d say we are doing fine.  On the surface you would have no idea what we are about to face and I think we prefer it that way for right now.  I think we are both to a point of talking about it just irritates us.  But then again, look at what I’m doing right now….I’m talking about it.  Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t irritate us when people ask us about how we are doing but I think it irritates us to talk about it to each other.  We have gone over the game plan for months and months and months.  I think if we discuss it one more time I’m going to lose my sh*t.  If I don’t know the answer to how to do X task, then I will just need to figure it out when the time comes.  Done and Done!
I have had so many calls and emails and cards sent in the mail to us and I appreciate ALL of them more than you know.  I can’t put into words how much I appreciate all of my friends and family.  And please know that I will come knocking on your door for help and I will call you when I need a friend to talk to.  I may even invite myself over for dinner and stay till bed time =)  Right now I don’t know what I want/need but as soon as I do I will be asking.
I have had a lot of people ask me ‘How do you do this?’ and I’ve always answered, ‘I do it because I have to and there is no other choice’ but I recently came across a website/blog written by other Army wives and this particular post sums up exactly why I do it.  Obviously some parts don’t pertain to me, like the fact that this woman use to be a soldier and she is headed into her husband’s 4th deployment, but everything else basically rings true to me.
I’ve gotta be honest, I’m having a hard time keeping up on my blog.  I feel like I want to dump all of my thoughts and feelings into this but I don’t want it to be viewed as me being an emotional wreck because that isn’t the case at all.  However, I don’t want to filter what I’m going through or what I’m feeling at that particular moment.  I’m trying to figure out a good balance between raw emotion and fun topics to write about so please have patience with me.
Update on office – it’s STILL not done.  Insert laugh here.  Another shelf needs to be added, a few paint touch ups and some small decorations.  I haven’t lost focus on this project but it’s just taking a little more time than anticipated due to obvious reasons.
And I promise to be back within the next 5 days with a fun baby shower project.  However, I can’t post it right now because my girlfriend, Kimber (who is due in 3 weeks), may see it and it’s for her baby shower.  Let’s hope it turns out as cute as I think it will!

3 comments:

  1. I love you to a million pieces. If you don't call me when you need me, I'll harass you.

    As far as being an emotional wreck...aren't we all? Post it and forget about it. Don't think about what we want, think about what you want. What is this blog for? Exactly. We'll come a-reading, I promise.

    One day at a time. Thankfully, we'll be here for each of those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok 1st...pour out any emotions you want to girl, good, bad, or ugly this is YOUR place to be YOU and we wouldnt want you any other way!
    Your strength continues to amaze me <3

    ps-um...way to tease a girl! LOL cant wait until Sat to see your cute face (and the new crafty surprise too)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: trying to make this blog fun and not wanting to be a wreck. "F that." Write what you want to write. For you. And when it comes to being a wreck, it made one woman the most popular blogger in the world. see dooce.com

    I am thinking of you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete