Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Family Pictures

It’s no secret my sweet little punkin is not the one for photographs.  She doesn’t mind if I snap a few pictures here and there but you bring a stranger into the mix with a big camera and put her in surroundings she isn’t sure of and well….you have a HOT MESS!
We have tried to do family pictures several times and for whatever reason it didn’t work out.  Either the weather was horrible, Kennedy would get sick OR we would schedule the session and try to get what we could based on her mood but in the end it was a HOT MESS.  We tried to have our close friend Mike with http://www.michaelbuzzelle.com/ do some pictures because not only is he a GREAT friend and basically family to us but he is also a GREAT photographer but nope Kennedy would have nothing to do with it. She has a hard time with boys and doesn’t like the camera so add those two together and you have a craptasitc situation.  So I tried to schedule with another photographer and it didn’t work out for whatever reason so at that point I was thinking that this just wasn’t in the cards for us UNTIL I was introduced to the very talented Becky Hales with http://www.beckyhalesphotography.com/ and I had to try again and after you look at her site you will see why.  The only downfall to Becky is that she lives in California but because I’m such a baller I decided to fly her up….HAHAHHA…I crack myself up…I’m kidding people.   Becky is sisters with a friend of mine and told me that she would be in town for a week at the end of February so I pounced on her like a friggin Liger, you know, a lion and a tiger!   Thankfully she was available and was able to book our family. 
YES, photos are scheduled and I’m actually excited and feeling good.
I will spare you all of the boring details but we still had to figure out outfits because they all had to somewhat match. We also had to figure out where to do the pictures AND if I wanted to include any props.  WOW…LOTS OF PRESSURE HERE!!
So with the help of my RAD friends I was able to figure all of that out (you will see in the pictures shortly) but then the day of the pictures arrived and it was a HOT MESS!
It was freezing cold out and when I say freezing I mean it was take your breath away cold and to add to that amazingness it was also windy.  Here is a little known fact about yours truly….wind makes me want to stab people! On top of that Kennedy hadn’t had a nap and I ‘thought’ she would be fine but she wasn’t.  THEN we take her to the park OUTSIDE with new people she has never met before and asked her to ‘smile’.  I’m pretty sure she was mentally giving me the biggest finger EVER and turns out…..I deserved it!  I took this poor tired little girl into the freezing cold and expected her to be happy.  Um clearly I was in some other dimension of reality!!
Although Kennedy barely smiled and although she didn’t look at the camera much and although Chris and I’s patience levels were wearing thin our pictures turned out AH-MAY-ZING! 






These are photographs that we will be something that we look at for years and I’m more than happy about how they turned out.
Thank you Katie for introducing me to Becky. Becky thank you for being awesome and thank you for bringing Chelsea.  Shelley thank you for letting me raid your closet!  See…it takes a village to make anything a happen around here and I love this little village I live in!!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Amazing!!! I love, love the one of her on the rocking horse. It should be in a magazine! I still want a 24x36 of you and Chris in my room! lol...so wierd! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. MeL- Again I love you and how you write. I get so excited when I see you have posted a new blog. I hope you continue blogging when Kennedy is a preteen than a teen. Things most certainly change in those years. Your the best thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one cracked me up... I think I even laughed out loud at the liger part, haha! The pictures turned out AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete